CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4/20/10

The one where I get run over by the train attatched to the light at the end of the tunnel

The light at the end of the tunnel was SUPPOSED to happen a week ago Saturday. That would be the day of District Music Festival, for which I was accompanying four songs, and singing in five. Not only was it a hectic day, the whole four and a half months before hand was just as bad. My schedule was completely packed. Every day, I had practice with someone during lunch and after school. My mantra became "I'm getting paid, I'm getting paid, I'm getting paid." It worked for the most part. Anyway, I figured all that would be done with after Festival. What I didn't count on was that five of my nine things made it to State, so that cycle is starting all over again. Exciting stuff.

Now, on top of that, my "volunteer for stupid stuff" application has been going into overdrive. So now, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, I work at the Admin building filing papers during study hall. Monday and Wednesday, I tutor a little girl at the elementary school. I absolutely love teaching her, and she likes the extra help, but seeing as we only have forty minutes a week to work together, I talked to her mother last night, and we're going to start after-school sessions on Wednesdays. For free. And I don't know where the off-switch for this volunteer button is. Ooh dear.

Then, to round the whole thing off, I decided to be a moron and take two AP classes. Even worse, I decided to take both of the national exams. I also have a massive project due in May that, to be completely honest, I haven't really started. Actually, I started the interview today. Part one of about ten genre pieces. Apparently, due to budget restraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

So with all this stuff piling up on the horizon, I'm on Blogger, instead. And Facebook. But in the interest of procrastination, I have a funny story for ya.

I was walking down to the Admin building to do the afore-mentioned filing today during sixth period. I was a little early and the day was absolutely amazing, so I was moseying rather than striding, which is the normal gait of preference. When I was almost to the building, I passed a house with a whole bunch of toys in the front yard. Not just a few, they could have given Toys R Us a run for their money if even fifty percent of them were still in working order. There was at least one toy still working: a plastic John Deere, much like the Barbie jeeps that every four-year-old wants. But lo and behold, sitting astride that magnificent kid-sized Deere was a little boy, putting around on his big green tractor, completely in the nude. One hundred percent starkers, ladies and gentlemen, and not bothered in the least by the fact that the end of his yard was the side of one of the busier streets in that area of town.

One wonders where his mother was. Probably doing his laundary.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Whew! Well, when the train runs you over, I'll be there to mop up the pieces. Hopefully you'll figure out how to operate the 'no' switch someday soon, though. Love you bunches.