CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2/2/08

Just another boring Saturday afternoon

The dreary sky is raining drearily on the dreary earth and all it's dreary subjects. That wouldn't normally bug me, but this rain is making the house really cold, and we seem to be out of propane. We've actually been defrosting by a woodstove this week, but today fate decided it would be a delight to make us run out of wood. We're supposed to get mopre today. But it's still not here, so the fire keeps dying further and further. And the house gets colder and colder. As a result, I am still trying to get my hands warm enough to function halfway properly after playing the piano. As is, I have spent just as much time typing actual words as I have used the backspace bar. Grr. And that is why this blog shall remain rather short.

So, this loverly grey day has brought with it (along with typos and freezing hands) the following things:

-One Nathaniel, friend of Cayman, who had to introduce the latter to a game called antbuster that has them on the computer more often than not. It seems to be a rather pointless game, because if they aren't spending all their time staring intently at it, they just leave it running on the computer and come back to check their progress. I do not get these sort of games. Why the heck do they play (or should I say "play") this kind of stuff anyway? Other than it's ability to annoy people by slowing the computer down and playing it's ridiculous song over and over. Which brings me to the next misfortune of my day...
-Two different annoying theme songs, one from the Wii, and one from the anybuster game. While the first involves some sort of dinky donky plinky plonky music that is normally found on some ridiculous kids' show like Blue's Clues or Dora, the other is mainly composed of a very very very repetitive version of the Mexican hat dance. Did I mention that it's playing on two computers?
-Endless watching of TV. I'm pretty sure that all I've done today is watch TV and hope hopelessly for someone to get online.
-Three boys who seem to think it completely necessary to run around the house screaming and shooting each other with nerf guns.
-A kitchen so full of dishes that it's impossible to actually do anything in it that involves setting anything (whether it be a part of one's personal anatomy or not) down on any surface, except perhaps the floor.
-The sad news that allowance isn't coming until next time we're here. Yes, I know there are bigger things to worry about, but seeing as I've already mentioned them all, I figured now would be a slightly appropriate time to mention it. No money until next week. GAH!

That concludes the writing of my boring Saturday. It's too bad it doesn't conclude the actual day itself though. Oh goodness. Whatever will I do with myself?

0 comments: