CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2/23/08

The Adventures of Goolash Salad

Tonight, I somehow got conned into making supper, even though it was Stephanie's night. Mom attributes it to the fact that I was plunking out tunes on the piano while laying down and complaining of boredom. Did you know it's actually possible to play the piano with your feet? It's not easy, but it can be done.

Anyway, after suggesting (and by suggesting, I mean leaving me no other option) that I make supper, mom requested a salad. And I said no. Apparently, the request was also a "suggestion". So as soon as I got the hamburger helper going, I pulled out the lettuce. But, as an attempt to even things out a little bit, I decided to make my new specialty. I call it Goolash Salad. It pretty much contains every single thing that had once been part of some kind of crop and many things that hadn't. It ended up with grapes, carrots, bananas, peas that had been sitting in the can for a while, some grated cheese that turned out to be moldy, bacon bits...you get the picture. There was almost no room left for the lettuce by the time I got done. I just didn't count on her making me eat it. Seriously, grapes and bacon do NOT go together. 'Tis the last time I will ever...I repeat EVER make Goolash Salad.

As an aside, I have a funny story that came to be yesterday after school as the buses were loading up. I'm usually one of the first ones on the bus, 'cause my last class is right next to the parking lot. So I sat down in my normal seat, and soon enough, a guy that I had talked to once or twice before got on the bus, and, since there weren't any more completely empty seats, he sat next to me. A couple seconds later, Greg got on the bus. He was one of my normal bus buddies as well. So he looks at the guy who occupied the seat next to me, and said, "You're stealing my friend?" and the other guy (I don't know what his name was) said, "Yeah, well maybe she's my friend now!". I was tickled. It was definately amusing. A senior and a junior bickering over a freshman...I could get used to this. :D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

;) Sounds like you're getting popular. And a SENIOR. My goodness darling, you'd better take care of yourself! lol