CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3/30/09

So I've been reading everyone's gloomy blogs about how Spring break is already over, and how it should've lasted longer, etc...

I laugh heartily in your general direction. Us Californians have Spring Break NEXT week. =) Anticipation is 90% of the reward.

Anyway, this last week was kind of a vacation, too, because of all the company we had (especially since company is a rare thing for us folks). And I suppose we owe it all to Oregon Spring Break, as well as the 50th anniversary. So we had the Bartons, Kirstyn, Shawna, Rob(by), and Seersha, which was quite a household. Most of us slept in the garage. On air mattresses. With a couple bookshelves to block the windows facing the road and a portable heater to keep us warm. Needless to say, I'll be very happy to get back to my own bed tonight.

I suppose the only other downside to company is all the pizza. Generally it's a once in a while thing, but no...this week we had it for supper two or three times, not counting the times (4) that I had it for lunch at school. Kill me now. Of course, there was also a little bit of In'n'out, but I didn't get any of that. Color me jealous.

Bartons left Sunday afternoon after meeting, and Kirstyn, Rob(by), Shawna, Chantal, Allyson, and Seersha left today. The whole thing kinda ended with a bang. Somewhat. I made cookies last night, because Allyson kept begging me to. Except she really only wanted the dough. She stole quite a few spoonfuls of it, while I fought back as hard as I could. I eventually ended up getting tossed off her back onto the floor, to everyone elses hilarity. I walked away with whatever dignity I had left. (Virtually nonexistant)I think I went to the bathroom or something after that, because I went to get a drink a while later, and then out to talk to everyone out in the living room. Of course, it took me a while to figure out that the people on the couch in front of me had my bowl of cookie dough. As soon as I did, though, I yanked it away and hid it back in the cupboard. I had to let them gloat for a while after that, but it didn't last long, because Allyson got a mostly full glass of water dumped on her. Served her right. MY victory didn't last long either.

The analogy of a bull charging after a helpless farmer as he scrambles to get over the fence comes to mind. Except replace the bull with Allyson. I of course got a glass of water down my shirt as well. But man, it was worth it.

1 comments:

Mom said...

Oh! So THAT's what was going on while I had my head planted firmly in the sand!