CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8/17/08

Nate-isms

I just got back from my slightly-spur-of-the-moment trip to Saginaw...It was basically amazing. I ended up going with the Evans and Nate Galuza, which made for a very interesting trip. Seven people in a seven-seater minivan with luggage and sleeping bags and pillows makes for a pretty crowded place. We had fun though. Within twenty minutes, I had told them all the twisted song versions I knew(including the one about "This land is your land/It sure ain't your land/I got a shotgun/and you don't got one") which got them in hysterics. We all sacked out after a bit, tho, 'cause we had all just gotten out of school a few hours previous and we didn't actually get on the road until 9.

Around 11, we made our first stop, courtesy of Nate, who just had to drink a couple bottles of water before we left. And it kinda dropped right through him. So as we pulled off the freeway, a very groggy Nate said "Ah. I have found my happy place."
I was completely befuddled, just for the record. I had no idea what he meant, so I asked, just to clarify. He gestured at the rest stop in front of us. "This. It's my happy place." Cue hysterics. Then Katie started complaining 'cause she was all sleepy and didn't want to get out to go to the bathroom, so Nate, still half asleep, said "Well, it's your choice, Katie. You can have a happy pee or you can have an angry pee, but either way, you gotta pee." Aaaannnndd more hysterics.

You see, this is why I don't take overnight trips very often.

We pulled in at 5:30, slept in the car for half an hour, then went into the dorms to find Sierra, who would have to be up...she was serving tables. It took a while to find her, but when I did, we went off to wait her table. As we were on our way over, we stopped to say hi to some people sitting outside the dining room, and Drew did a double take. "Why are you two dressed alike?" We glanced at each other and realized that we were both wearing the same shade of purple shirt. And then Drew added "And why am I not surprised?" It was giggle worthy. Sierra explained that we were just telepathic and she had been sending me messages saying *purple shirt purple shirt purple shirt*. It's the easiest way to explain it. :D

So we served...and went and got dressed (as is custom...lol) and went to the sing. It was cool. It was incredibly hot, which was a downside. I ended up taking off both covers from my notebook and tearing them in half to use as fans during afternoon and evening meeting. They were pretty effective. As was the ice war I accidentally started before the last meeting. It was amazing. These people were bringing out tubs of ice that was becoming increasingly popular as the day got hotter, so me and a few other girls grabbed cups of it and started eating it. And then, of course, someone got some down their shirt. Multiple times. And then some guys stopped by and brought their ice with 'em. It got pretty insane. One girl got two or three handfulls down her back, but she didn't mind too much when meeting came around, 'cause it kept her nice and cool.

Anyway. I think there were five people who professed Saturday. And I actually knew three of 'em, which is an odd occurance. Trevor was one...Definately surprised me, 'cause he's only nine...but I guess he had been thinking about it for a while. And Frank Maricle and Brandon something...I know his sister better than I know him...and then two other kids and an older woman. I guess that's actually six, but I still knew half of 'em. It was pretty cool.

We ended up leaving at around one...managed to make it home in seven hours. It wasn't a bad trip either. I got a good nap, but I'm still tired. Don't ask me why. So I think I'll got to bed now. After I finish my homework.

Oy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I HATE YOU!!!!

No I don't hate you. I'm just insanely jealous!!!! You need to tell me more about Saginaw darling! :)

Anonymous said...

That's cool about the kids that professed too!

Lizzie said...

u forgot to tell us about Helen of Troy, kara..... U have already started school man thats early... I feel sorry for u..