CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10/29/08

Geeze. This time it's been Shawna bugging me to blog, which is just stupid. She's in Montana! She pretty much isn't allowed to bug me anymore! Grr. =P

Well, this is the first week back from Fall Break. Half of it was spent at Dads, but Thursday after my cello lesson we went down to the Cruz's for a while. It ended up being until Sunday evening after we got back from Fresno Special Mtg. (my third, btw. That on top of the five conventions I had this year leaves me feelin' pretty angelic =]) It was a lot of fun. Steph had a blast taking care of Baby Ruben (Julie sure enjoyed it too. She's had enough changing diapers to last her a lifetime) and entertaining Vanessa, who's now, very proudly, 3 and a half. Marlissa and I hung out a bit, playing the piano and reading books and making pumkin bread and cleaning the kitchen (only to have it messed up five minutes later by rampaging kids). Saturday was Julie's birthday, so Alicia and Steph made a cake by a recipie that Julie had set out on the counter after saying very pointedly that it was a very good recipie. I personally think that too many years of living with young kids will leave a person without the ability to hint subtly. It's probably best to just say what you mean straight out and not have to worry about whether they understood your inference or not. Of course, that might be a problem either way, but still...

As a side note, I now officially have two Aunt Julie's. The one mentioned above is the second as of last week. For some reason, every time I said her name I would put an "Aunt" before it, automatically thinking of the origional Aunt Julie in Montana. After a day or two of constantly correcting myself, I just decided to call her Aunt. It's just easier. She didn't mind, and technically, she's a step-aunt, so it's all good. =)

So now we're back at school. It's insanely dumb. I have gotten waay too used to sleeping in, so now I keep feeling like I'm way behind. Which is definitely not the case. I go to bed pretty early. Anyway.

Made brownies last night. They were scrumptious. Now they're gone. It's odd how food disappears faster with only three of us at home than it did with five or six. Some part of me wants to say that it's because of Kirstyn following us around as we ate accusing us of adding poundage to our posteriors, but I probably shouldn't. She might come back and start doing it again. =)

Got a new guy in our aerobics class. He just switched in from the seventh period aerobics. Feel kinda bad for him, 'cause he's the only guy in there. Except the TA's. But they spent their time doing backflips onto big squishy foam blocks. Hmm.

I'm officially not going to Ireland. Those of you who have been on MySpace would actually know that. I've decided to save my money for a car and the trip to Ireland that mom wants to take in a couple years to go over for convention. I figured it would be a little wiser to stay home.

Anyway, I'm off now. Even though I've got nothing to do.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

you arent going to ireland?????? you weirdo its like a chance of a life time and you can still go with us later.

Kara said...

ya, but that would involve raising a grand total of around 10k instead of, ya know, maybe half that. and besides, I want to enjoy having money right now. It's taken me forever to get this much, and to have it gone in one fell swoop is kinda depressing. I'm not really ready to let it all go.