CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2/24/09

Weekend in Oregon

I didn't realize how much I missed all my weekend trips to Oregon. But I did. Tremendously. Anyway, I went up this last weekend for Grampa/Uncle Lester's funeral. We left Saturday morning around nine, and got there just in time to go see the play of Cinderella at the highschool. It was pretty amusing. Even when it wasn't supposed to be. Wouldn't you know it, I got to sit next to Allyson, who knew all the songs and lines, and started singing along. And then I realized that Prince Christopher was actually played by a guy named Caleb that I had heard a lot about from a certain cousin of mine...Anyway, he wasn't the best actor in the world. Or kisser...we could tell from the audience that when he kissed poor Cinderella that she was trying her hardest not to gag. (I found out later that Caleb had asked out Cinderella a couple months earlier, and now every time they went through the play, it was incredibly awkward for both of them...I'm guessing she turned him down AFter the first time they ran through the kissing scene...) My favorite part of the whole play though, was when they were trying on the slipper. The stewards went around to each girl, and two of them would kneel so she could sit on their knees while she tried on the shoe. Anyway, after the last girl went and ran off crying, this gay guy came up, plopped himself down and offered his foot. When the steward refused to let him try it on, the gay guy got this "Oh no you di-in't!" look on his face and started chasing the poor steward down the aisle.

Totally made my day.

Anyway, Sunday was meeting...of course. We went to Gramma Van's afterward and pretty much had a family reunion. I didn't know any of them, so I literally sat in a corner and did a puzzle. Puzzles infuriate me, though, because the edge pieces have this really annoying habit of not showing up when you want them!

Monday was the funeral, and there pretty much weren't too many dry eyes in the place. We even had the funeral hostess crying, which I thought was pretty impressive. One of Lester's garbage trucks followed us to the burial. The burial got over just in time, because it started dumping buckets as everyone was heading to their cars. We headed home around two, and got back to Loomis by 11:30. When we got home, I decided that there was no way I was going to go to school today, because I was so tired. So I packed instead. It was pretty productive. I got all my stuff in my room packed up. Three boxes. =)

2 comments:

Sierra said...

YOU FORGOT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drew was there :)

Anonymous said...

A garbage truck -- how cute! He sure was a sweet man.