CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7/18/08

Too many things happening at once!

As pointed out by my mom, it has indeed been 3 days since i posted. I acknowledge the truth in this statement, but I must be allowed to defend myself: It was all from sheer lack of energy.

For those of you who actually have a little window into my un-blogger life, you know i managed to get a job last Tuesday. Super excited. It's another farm, a lot like last year, except I actually have to work here. A lot. Monday, Wednesday, Friday is picking day. That includes making our way through every single row of berry bushes, picking any veggies/squash that had ripened, as well as doing any little jobs that needed to be done. Tuesday and Thursday qualify as chore days. weeding, crop thinning...anything that needs to be done. and it's all done in 90 plus degree weather. Fun stuff, no? lol.

I'm not sure if minimum wage is enough. :D jk. it is interesting, though, because it seems that i'm the youngest person there. By a long shot. I am the only one under twenty. Oy much. But it's still fun. There are about 10 or 12 people that I have officially met. I don't remember everyone's names, so I'll do the best I can.

Belinda-Boss lady. Big hair. Kind of intimidating.

Tamara-Other boss lady. Really cool.

MaryKate (when one name isn't enough)-she's kinda my mentor...showing me the ropes, and everything.

Guy-our resident Brit.

Taylor-no background info

Chris-pretty awesome...went to NU, was in the choir. lots to talk about there!

and lastly...Kory Simmons-his mother was the secretary at CP school, and I'm pretty sure he was my Big Buddy in kindergarten. Not sure though.

So anyway, that's the work update. Now Sierra's here,and within the first hour or two, we had already busted so many gussets that...i dunno. we busted a lot of gussets. whatever. :P

Sierra: Am I blending yet?!? I am one with the hammock!

Me: ... *insert laughter*

3 comments:

Kirstyn said...

Hey, Cory S.-- how's he doing, has he straightened himself out yet? He was sure a mess a few years back when I was in highschool with him.

Shirley said...

Did you ask Kirstyn about Chris, Kara?

Shawna said...

what is chris's last name? i knew a couple of em in choir durin school