CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11/2/07

A very odd biology period...

It all started when Weaver started the notes on digestion. And, of course, every term has to be more scientific than what we use in our every day use. We don't cut things, we cleave them. We don't call a mouth a mouth, it's our oral cavity. And so on and so forth. Today, we learned a new word for chewing: masticating. Now think of the word that sounds suspiciously like that, and you will get what every kid in the class thought of every time that word was said. Of course, Weaver had fun with it, and started cracking jokes every chance he got...and then (dundundun) Mr. Ramerez walks in. As soon as he hears about the whole masticating process, he joins in with Weaver, and sits down at one of the lab tables next to a student and says, "So when you get home tonight, and you're sitting at the table eating like this," here he demonstrated eating with all the interest of a teenager in a room full of old people, picking at his invisible food, "and your parents ask you what's wrong, so you say, 'mom, dad, i have a confession. I'm a masticator." The whole room cracked up. It was hilarious, in a disturbing sort of way. Especially when he kept going. "It's such a bad habit. I do it all day long, every day. I've been masticating ever since I can remember." and so on and so forth. Thus, passed the oddest bio period i have ever encountered.

Now, I sit before the 'puter, with a bag of butter lovers popcorn on my lap and candy wrappers gathered around me, and I can very well tell you that by the time Shawna gets home, I'm not going to feel very good at all. You see, it's her that I'm waiting for. Steph and I took turns talking to her on the phone for a while, because she was so bored. So, I told her that the next time she comes down, she needs to bring someone with her so that she isn't so bored and doesn't have to call us. So, now I'm bored, and I'm pretty much done writing, so I'm gonna watch Zoolander until something more exciting happens. And I doubt it will. So tata.

Kara
*Magma!!*

0 comments: